"OH, YOU CAN'T HELP THAT," SAID THE CAT, "WE'RE ALL MAD HERE."
--Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, July 23, 2026

With Our Two Hands

Waging Aging in the Kitchen (while talking to self)

What are you fixing for supper? 

Boiled eggs

What else?

Open up a package of Trader Joe Krisp Bread.

The eggs go on those?

Yup.

Doesn't sound balanced yet. What else?

I'll split open a ripe avocado.

Now you're talkin'. Anything else?

Yup.

What?

Slice of red, ripe, local tomato "grown in dirt."

How ya gonna eat that?

With two hands.
You added salt and pepper, huh?
Yup.
(Toby, I miss you.)


***
For the Art Part, Aidan and I sat on the back porch at the farm and drew the barn on our iPads. First a 10 sec, then a 30 sec one, a minute, 5 minutes, and at last did a 15-minute sketch.

Aidan's.

JM's.


                       ***
And another birthday for me rolled around. Aidan was here visiting at the farm and made a delicious dinner for his mom and dad and me. Here he's putting it together...


...and he made a cake for me from scratch. Yes, that's real strawberry icing on it...


...then we piled in the car and headed to a showing of The Odyssey. That was a winner, too! Don't miss it!

Keoni and housemate Nick orchestrated an instrumental Happy Birthday on 
an instrument of which I can't remember the name, and a ukulele...


How good it was hearing from friends and family all over our country and right here where I live, too. The remembrances and messages were endearing...every single one. Thank you again, one and all.

***

Two mama ducks came back again to hatch their ducklings in the large courtyard here at my complex. I saw them out one morning and manage to get a little bit of them on video...



And, Wendy sent one more photo of the Queen Anne's Lace growing in her round pen at the farm...


What's not to love?!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment