"OH, YOU CAN'T HELP THAT," SAID THE CAT, "WE'RE ALL MAD HERE."
--Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Friday, February 2, 2024

Now it's February 2nd. 

More paper chasing for my annual rent subsidy recertification that houses me and Toby-Wan.




With the recertification, everyone can sleep well knowing that their tax dollars are judiciously spent and that I haven't cheated the system. 

In less than two weeks, I will do my taxes with an AARP volunteer at the public library and see if I owe anything this year.

On Wednesday, Subaru will do a transplant. My 2013 pony's transmission is prematurely dying and must be replaced. The dealership got Subaru to cover the expense even though the warranty ran out 16,000 miles ago. The 2013-2015s have this problem. Who knew?! All praises, and a round of hallelujahs. 

Late last Friday afternoon, the sewer backed up into my kitchen sink.

Before sundown today we'll know if the thick overcast has parted to let the groundhog see its shadow.

I need sunshine and a mountaintop where I can see forever.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment